Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Japanese Inventions

The Japanese never cease to amaze me with their inventions and continued passion to make things that just aren't necessary. For example this robot elephant designed to clean urinals.



Those crazy inventors over at Mertec in Japan have recently unveiled their newest creation—a robot elephant designed to clean urinals. The man behind the unique design claims that the elephant theme came to him because he imagined the trunk as "a powerful reversal of the urinal drain." The idea of reversal is even represented in the robot's brand name "DCBA" (ABCD). Mertec claims that DCBA can clean a urinal in 10 seconds and save 8 liters of water in the process. All I know is that if I ever travel to Japan and see one of these things patrolling a bathroom, I'm keeping my junk tucked safely in my pants. [Impress via 3yen]

I really wonder what they are capable of if Japanese put their heads together and used their man power to looked for the cure for cancer, or aids, or something like that. We'd have it in no time.

A really interesting site thats packed full of crazy Japanese inventions is below. I think it is updated daily and always has something that's either weird or just straight ridiculous. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/japan/

In other news, I'd like to ask the question What is Normal? If normal is simply the majority then normal is a Muslim Chinese person.

No comments: