Monday, November 03, 2008

This is ma Sippin' Whiskey

This past weekend was Halloween! Happy Halloween!!

Ok so Friday night there was a party at this guy Gary's house in Tochigi. It was my second time seeing him. The house party was kind of fun, but I didn't really stay that long because we got there kind of late and I didn't want to spend the night so I left with Carrie and Graham. Kristine posted pictures of it on facebook that I'll post the link for later. The best costume in my opinion was probably Matt's. He was a cowboy, but what made it funny is that he's British. So his attempt at a southern/western accent was just funny. Also the best part of his costume was the fact that he carried around a bottle of Jim Bean the whole night.



On Saturday I woke up early (which I do all the time and it angers me haha) again and went to Utsunomiya for some Ultimate. It was pretty much the usual, except this time we played in a different area because the spot we normally practice was being taken by softball. I did some dances just messing around during the practice and everyone thought the were hilarious. That's a pic of me mid dance I think? I don't remember
Alot of the guys weren't there because they had some event or something on campus. Also this next weekend they have a tournament which is pretty sweet, I wish I could go and watch but the place is like a 5 hour drive west or something. They still want me to come to the tournament in March so that's cool.

Saturday night we had a party at this bar called Circus. On the way there I fell off my bike. This is the first "accident" I've had on my bike which is pretty impressive since its been like almost 3 months into my trip ahha. I was peddling too fast and my foot slipped off the pedal and planted in the ground, luckily I was wearing my Panda Grip gloves, so I didn't get scraped and my bike was fine.

The bar pretty cool, but really small, and really expensive (35 bucks but it was all you can drink so I guess I got my moneys worth). I met a couple new people but didn't exhange phone numbers or anything. Its a shame that the majority of Japanese girls there were a bit old. The closest girl to my age that was cute was 29. I was hoping to meet someone there that spoke English and was a bit closer to my age ahha. I should of still tried to develop a friendship though, oh well maybe I'll see her again. I also met a couple other ALTs that teach in Sano for private schools, but they seemed a bit weird so I don't think I'll try to develop that much.

Later that night Adrian came over to my place and spent the night. I didn't plan on having him come over but he needed a place to stay and I offered. After midnight it was his 25th birthday. We talked about stuff on the walk back from the bar, and then some more when we got back to my place. He's a good guy. I haven't done that much with him but I feel like I can easily get along with him.

Sunday I went over to Graham's around noon or so and we spent the day shopping for some stuff we both need for our houses. I bought a new chair because the one that came with my house was giving me serious back problems because the bar in the middle is in the worst spot. I felt like if I didn't get a new chair I'd get sculliosis or something. So at the store I had the option of a chair with arm rests or a chair without one. I chose the one with arm rests and paid an extra 500 yen (5 dollars) for it. When I built the chair this morning I realized the was no place to attach the arm rests so I wasted 5 dollars, and there's no way I can return it now ahha.Here's a picture of the new chair with the damn arm rests unattached:
I also bought another futon mattress, and I don't care that its yellow and flowery because you'll never see it. But now my bed is alot more comfortable.

Sunday night we headed over to Adrians for his 25th. We bought him a chocolate ice cream cake with snoopy and woodstock on it, it was a pretty nice cake haha. We also payed monopoly. It was a Japanese version with credit cards instead of cash. It was really weird and difficult to make transactions lol. And Adrian cheated and gave himself 5 million extra money, so it kind of made the game pointless. After that we played hacky sack hahah... and goofed off in Adrian's house. We caught the last train back.

Today (Monday) I had off so I tried to make use of the day and I went shopping. I set out only to buy a coat but ended up spending about 20,000 yen ($200) on clothes. While shopping two kids that I never met before followed me around the store and talked to me. I asked if they were my students or if they were elementary school students they said no. So some random kids wanted to talk to me. Hah I think the little boy was 4 and the little girl was maybe 3. They both literally followed me around the store as I was looking for a coat. Occasionally they tugged on my arm and then would say stuff in English and be silly. They made animal noises like Meow then would say CAT! Or they would scratch their heads and armpits and say MONKEY! They also tried to pop out from around a corner and scare me. It was really cute and funny. I just played along and joked with them and taught them some English words. Their Dad noticed what they were doing and told them to stop hah. I didn't really care but it was funny that that happened.

Anyways here are some pictures of what I bought.

First here is the coat I bought. I like the way it looks, it fit well and was comfy.
I bought this shirt too with pigs on it because it's good looking and just funny.

I also bought the matching shirt that I'll wear under it. Here is the front:Here is the back: The pigs are falling all over the place.
It's starting to get cold out so I'll really need all these warm clothes.Here's a pic of everything I bought. I also bought some socks, that were kind of expensive but super comfy so they'll be worth it. Alot of my white socks are dirty looking because of playing ulimate so I need to rotate them out. I've been spending alot of money this week, good thing I get paid next Monday. Next paycheck I wanna save at least 500 dollars or so because Christmas is coming up and I need to get gifts.

In other news I've really fallen behind on my Kanji study, so now I'm going to do a new lesson and maybe two so I can catch up with where I should be right now.

No comments: